Creamy risotto that can be made in about 30 minutes.
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon (juiced, and zested)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup parmigiano-reggiano (grated)
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup loosely packed tarrogon (chopped)
- In a small saucepan combine the chicken stock and 1 cup water and keep warm over low heat.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice for 1 minute; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the wine and the lemon zest until it is absorbed into the rice. Begin adding the warm stock a few ladlefuls at a time, stirring vigorously with each addition, until the risotto is al dente, about 18 minutes. You may not need all the stock.
- Stir the butter into the risotto to combine, then stir in the lemon juice to your taste. Depending on how much juice you get from your lemon you may not want all of it. Stir in the cheese, basil and tarragon; season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray’s Amalfi-Style Risotto