These chocolate chip cookies are perfect to make for your loved ones on Valentine’s Day.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose-flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 2 t. cornstarch
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 lg. egg
- 1 lg. egg yolk
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- With a mixer, beat the brown sugar and granulated sugar with the melted butter until the sugars have dissolved into the butter. Add in the egg and the egg yolk and beat to combine. Add vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to bake the cookie preheat the oven to 325F. Pull the dough out of the fridge and let it sit for 10 minutes or longer.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper. The dough will be hard but make the balls about 2 tablespoons. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden on top.
- Let the cookies cool slightly before putting them on a wire rack to cool further. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything soft chocolate chip cookies