Savory Winter Vegetable Cobbler
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 1/2c Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 c butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 2 c cauliflower florets
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp thyme, chopped
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- 1c shredded cheddar cheese, plus extra to top biscuits
- 1c milk, plus extra to brush biscuits
- Preheat oven 350
- Whisk the cornstarch, broth and hot sauce. Should become a slurry with no lumps. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in oven proof skillet ( I made mine in a cast iron skillet and it worked beautifully). Add onion and saute for about 5 min. Add garlic let cook for a minute. Add carrots, celery, squash, cauliflower. Cook another 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and tomatoes, stir well.
- Remix cornstarch and pour into the skillet. Add Thyme, mix well.
- Cover with tinfoil and cook in over for 30 min.
- For Biscuits:
- Whisk dry ingredients. Add the butter and blend well, should look course, Add milk, cheddar cheese and thyme. Mix until sticky.
- Remove skillet from oven and then dollop the biscuits onto the vegetable mixture. Brush with milk. Cook for 40 minutes.
- Once done pull out and top with remaining cheese. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
For the thyme if using fresh, just hold the twig and pull down. The little leaves will come off and no need to chop.
This recipe is from Saving Room For Dessert