- 1 lb pizza dough at room temp
- all purpose flour for dusting
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian ground sausage
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend shredded cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 small fennel bulb trimmed, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts drained and halved
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes for topping
- Preheat over to 450F. Cut pizza dough in half. Stretch pizza dough into rectangles on a floured surface. Put parchment paper on baking sheets and place pizza dough on sheets. Bake in oven until brown in spots about 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink breaking up into pieces with a wooden spoon, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crust with the cheese, top with the sausage and garlic. Return the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is bubbly, 5-8 minutes. Sprinkle with the oregano.
- Meanwhile, make the salad. Soak the red onion in ice water for 10 minutes, then drain. Toss the spinach, fennel, red peppers, artichoke hearts and red onion in a large bowl with the vinegar and 1 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Top the pizza with the salad and cut into pieces. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network