- 1 sm red onion finely chopped
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp Creole mustard
- 1/2 cup pickled okra, plus 1/4 cup brine chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 celery stalks, plus 1/2 cup leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- Soak the red onion in a bowl of ice water for 15 minutes; drain and pat dry. Meanwhile bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook as the label directs. Drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with 3 Tbsp. milk. Let cool.
- Whisk the mayonnaise, sour cream mustard, brine, sugar, hot sauce, remaining 1 Tbsp milk, and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Add the macaroni, red onion, bell peppers, celery, celery leaves, and parsley; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours. Stir again before serving; season with salt. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network