- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/4 cup onion finely diced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen vegetables thawed
- 3 lg eggs lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast diced
- 4 cups day old cooked rice chilled and clumps seperated
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews optional
- In wok heat 1-2 Tbsp. on high heat until hot. Add the garlic, ginger, and onion and saute 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Add the vegetables and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp more oil to wok. Pour in the beaten eggs. Scramble into small pieces until cooked. Add cooked meat and saute for another minute.
- Stir in the rice and break up any large pieces while tossing until heated through about 2 minutes.
- Drizzle in soy sauce, fish sauce, mirin, and sesame oil, tossing to combine everything evenly. Keep stirring the fried rice until slightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetables back in and toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with green onion and cashews. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from https://lifemadesweeter.com/perfect-fried-rice/