- 2 english muffins torn into crumb size bits
- 1 crown of broccoli chopped into 1/2 in. pieces
- 1 lg shallot finely chopped
- 5 oz swiss cheese shredded
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp parmesan finely grated
- Preheat oven to 325F. In a medium bowl beat together eggs and half and half, set aside. Lightly butter an 8 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add the english muffin crumbs and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the skillet and melt remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Add the shallot, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper and cook until softened, stirring often, about 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and cook for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup water, increase heat to medium-high and simmer, stirring occasionally until the water is evaporated and the broccoli is crisp tender, 3-5 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese, pour the egg mixture on top.
- In a small bowl, toss together the muffin crumbs and remaining cheese. Sprinkle onto the casserole, then top with the parmesan. Bake in the center of the oven until the eggs are set and the top is lightly browned. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from Rachael Ray