A delicious and fluffy breakfast cake just in time for Mothers Day. Original recipe found on Saving Room For Dessert.
|Prep Time||30 min|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1/2 c unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 c raspberries rinsed and set aside
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a 8 inch springform pan with parchment. Attach the sides and grease pan thoroughly. In small mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda. Whisk and set aside. In mixing bowl combine sugar and the 3/4 c sugar. Beat until fluff. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Add vanilla. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture into the butter mix. Beat low and and add 1/2 of ricotta and blend until smooth. Add remaining flour and mix well. Add remaining ricotta and mix well. Scrape sides and make sure batter is well mixed. Pour 2/3 of cake batter into pan. Fold in the raspberries and add remaining batter. Smooth top and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake for 60-75 minutes until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes before serving.
Original recipe called for frozen raspberries.