- 1 1/2 lb yukon gold potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 1/2 oz cream cheese softened and cut into pieces
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup leeks chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 cup shallots sliced
- Bring potatoes to a boil in a large Dutch oven filled with water. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; return potatoes to pan. Add chicken stock, salt, and pepper; mash to desired consistently.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high. Add leeks; saute 5 minutes. Stir leek mixture into potato mixture (do not wipe out skillet).
- Return skillet to medium-high. Add oil and shallots; cook 3 minutes or until shallots are browned and browned and crisp. Spoon mashed potatoes into a serving dish. Top with crispy shallots. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooking Light