- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 10 oz snow peas
- 4 Tbsp canola oil
- 10 oz mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1 lb sirloin steak thinly sliced
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and rice vinegar in a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring water in a medium pan to a boil. Add snow peas, boil them for 2 minutes, set aside.
- Heat a large skillet or wok until hot, add 2 Tbsp oil. Add mushrooms cook them on high heat, turning occasionally, until brown. Salt them midway, just a little. Remove, set aside.
- To the same skillet, on high heat, add 2 Tbsp oil. Add the meat in two batches, not crowding the meat. Cook until nicely browned on both sides. With all the meat in the pan add the snow peas and mushrooms, then the sauce. Stir to combine, for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat. Cover with lid.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Julia's Album.