- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fresh dill chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon juiced, zested
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 head romaine
- In a medium saucepan poach chicken with a pinch of salt and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until cooked through about 10 minutes. Remove from heat then drain water and shred or chop chicken, set aside.
- In a food processor combine dill, walnuts, and garlic. Pulse until well combined. With the motor running slowly add the olive oil, pulse until combined.
- Transfer pesto to a large bowl, add chicken, red onion, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper to taste. Add vinegar. Toast bread and divide chicken among slices top with romaine. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Clean Eating