- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 garlic clove minced, divided
- 1 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1+1 Tbsp+tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice divided
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 6 pita flatbreads
- romaine lettuce sliced
- tomato diced
- cucumber diced
- Combine 1/2 the garlic, the coriander, 1 Tbsp. cumin, cardamom, cayenne, paprika, salt, 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper to taste to a large zip lock bag. Add the chicken and use your hands to make sure each piece is coated. Marinate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Combine yogurt, remaining garlic, cumin, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and put in fridge (it will last in fridge for 3 days).
- Heat grill to medium high. Place chicken on the grill and cook fro 4-5 minutes until nicely charred, then turn and cook 3-4 minutes more. Remove chicken from grill and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- To serve slice chicken and place evenly on pitas, top with yogurt sauce, romaine, tomato, and cucumber. Roll up and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin