Fettuccine with Tomato-Cream Sauce
Pasta dish that's so creamy and delicious you won't miss the meat.
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp garlic coarsely chopped
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives chopped
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese shaved
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until noodles are al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1 1/3 cups pasta cooking water.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, cook until fragrant. Stir in 1/4 tsp. salt and tomatoes. Cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in reserved pasta water, bring to a boil. Add cream cheese, stir until smooth. Add pasta, olives, and red pepper, cook 3 minutes, tossing to coat. Top each serving of pasta with basil and cheese. Enjoy!