- 5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 1/2 to 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 green pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 lg onion sliced
- 2 red chile peppers seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- sesame oil for drizzling
- sesame seeds toasted, for sprinkling
- romaine or bibb lettuce for serving
- In a large bowl, combine @ Tbsp soy sauce, 2 Tbsp canola oil, the mirin, cumin, pepper, granulated garlic, and onion. Add the steak, turn to coat. Let marinate 15 minutes.
- Heat the grill to medium-high. Cook steak turning once, 8-10 minutes for medium rare. Transfer to a plate and let rest while you cook the vegetables.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high to high. Add the bell pepper, onion, chilies, and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Stir in the remaining 3 Tbsp soy sauce. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Drizzle with the sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Pile the sliced steak and vegetables in the lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray