- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno seeded, and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 med white onion minced
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast halved lengthwise
- 3-4 tomatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups muenster cheese shredded (about 6 oz.)
- 1 cup mixed parsley and cilantro chopped
- Preheat oven to 450F. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the jalapeno and half the onion. Cook, stirring, until soft, sbout 3 minutes. Add the chicken, 1 tsp. salt and 3/4 cup water. Bring to a boil, then cover and cook until the chicken is tender, about 6 minutes.
- Remove the chicken to a plate. Transfer the cooking liquid and vegetables to a blender; add the tomatoes and allspice and puree with the lid ajar. Wipe out the skillet, add the remaining 1 Tbsp oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the tomato mixture and cook until slightly reduced, 6 minutes. Pour into a baking dish.
- Brush the tortillas with olive oil and put on a baking sheet; bake 5 minutes. Shred the chicken. Top each tortilla with chicken and cheese, then roll upand arrange in the baking dish, seam-side down, spooning some sauce on top. Bake until the cheese melts, about 4 minutes.
- Toss the herbs, remaining onion, and season with salt to taste. Sprinkle on top. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.