Mexican Chicken & Avocado Salad
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 +1/2Tbsp cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 avocado chunky dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 3/4 cup corn kernels canned, drained
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 5 cups romaine cut into bite size pieces
- Dressing: Place lime juice, honey, 1/4 cup olive oil, and garlic in a jar. Season with salt and pepper, shake well. Put 2 Tbsp of dressing in a ziplock bag, add chipotle, oregano, cumin, and season with salt and pepper, mix. Add chicken, seal and massage to coat. Marinate 30 min-overnight.
- Heat grill, and cook chicken till cooked through. Slice.
- Add 2 Tbsp cilantro into dressing, shake.
- Place avocado, corn, tomato, and onion in a bowl. Add the remaining cilantro, drizzle with a bit of the dressing, toss gently. Place lettuce in a bowl, drizzle with a bit of the dressing, toss. Assemble salad: Place lettuce on a serving platter. Top with avocado, corn mixture, and sliced chicken. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Recipe Tin Eats