- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 lg onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown suagar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb baby carrots optional
- 1 lb mini potatoes or diced potates optional
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp water
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the beef and brown on all sides, about 20 minutes and set aside. Add the onions and cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes, before adding the garlic and red pepper flakes and cooking until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Place the beef, onions, broth, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire, carrots, and potatoes in a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
- Remove the carrots, potatoes, and beef and slice or shred the beef. Skim any fat from the cooking juices, place it in a saucepan, bring to a simmer, add the cornstarch/water mixture and cook until the glaze has thickened a bit. Serve with the beef. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Closet Cooking