In my quest to try recipes representing teams playing in the World Cup. I found this one for Spain, original recipe is found on Umami Girl.
Spinach Tortellini Soup
This is a light soup that was simple to make.
Servings 4 people
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 med yellow onion diced into small pieces
- 2 lg carrots diced into small pieces
- 2 lg celery diced into small pieces
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 c veg stalk
- 5 oz spinach
- 9 oz tortellini I used refrigerated tortellini
- 1/4 c italian parsley chopped
- black pepper to taste
- parmesan for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot. Add onions, celery, and carrots with salt and stir to coat. Cook 5 minutes, should begin to soften. Add the broth and bring to boil. Once boiling cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until vegis tender. Add spinach and tortellini. Cook tortellini per package instructions. Add parsley and black pepper. Serve topped with a little parmesan.