- 20 oz fresh cheese tortellini
- 4 lg eggs
- 1 cup parmesan freshly grated
- 8 slices bacon diced
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 Tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp basil chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While water is boiling add eggs and parmesan to a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Add diced bacon to a large skillet over med. high heat. Cook until crispy, 5-6 minutes. Then remove from pan to a paper towel lined plate. Reserve the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add the tortellini to boiling water and cook according to package. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water. Then drain the pasta.
- Add the shallot and garlic to bacon dripping, and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Working quickly add 2 Tbsp hot pasta water to egg mixture, whisking very quickly as you pour. This tempers the eggs so they do not scramble. Turn off the heat to the skillet. Add the tortellini then, working very quickly, add the tempered egg, tossing to combine as you add a little more. Pour in reserved pasta water a tablespoon at a time until it is creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper and additional parmesan if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from The Chunky Chef