Original recipe was found on Cooking Light.
Vegetarian Meat Loaf
This is a delicious alternative for a loaf dish. Served with mashed potatoes.
Servings 6 people
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 45 minutes
Passive Time 20 minutes
- 1 lg red pepper halved and diced
- 1 lg green pepper halved and diced
- 2 lbs cremini mushrooms coarsely chopped *
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 c asparagus chop into 1/2 in pieces
- 1/2 c red onion diced
- 1 c panko
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 c walnuts roasted and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz parmesan grated
- 2 lg eggs slightly beaten
- cooking spray
- * I used my food processor to chop the mushrooms. It blends it real nice and save on time. Take the mushrooms once coarsely chopped and in a fine strainer. You are wanting to get the moisture out and I found the strainer was the easiest way to do that. Squeeze out the moisture. Place in lg bowl. Take the saute blend and add to the bowl with mushrooms. Add the toasted walnuts, basil, panko and salt and pepper. Mix well. Take the ketchup, mustard, and Parmesan. Mix well. Take the two lightly blended eggs and mix well. The mixture should become ,moist and keep shape. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. Press loaf into pan and it should fill out to the loaf pan size. Preheat oven to 350. Cook loaf for 45 minutes. Mix topping items together. After loaf is done cooking the 45 minutes, take out and brush topping loaf and cook an additional 10 minutes. You can check your loaf with a knife in center to see if done, should be relatively clean. When you take loaf out let sit for 20 minutes. Slice and serve.
If you do not like peppers you can substitute with two carrots.