- 1 lg head cauliflower cut into florets
- 4 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 6 1/4 in slices ginger
- 1 sm onion thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 scallions cut into 2 in. lengths
- 2 Tbsp rice wine
- 1 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- steamed rice for serving
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 450F. Place cauliflower on baking sheet, drizzle with 2 Tbsp. of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread into an even layer and roast until crisp and golden, stirring halfway through about 20-25 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 2 Tbsp oil in a wok over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the ginger and stir until caramelized, 1-2 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and cook for 2 minutes more, making sure they don't burn.
- Turn up the heat to high, then add the roasted cauliflower and scallions. Stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add the rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and sugar. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, then serve with rice if desired. Enjoy!
This recipe was adapted from The Kitchn