- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet breakfast sausage or maple sausage
- 1 gala apple quartered, cored, and finely chopped (leave skin on)
- 2 lg yukon gold potatoes finely chopped
- 1 anaheim pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 1 sm red onion finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- few sprigs fresh thyme stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 8 lg eggs
- 4 pieces bread toasted
- 2 Tbsp butter softened and mixed with 2 tsp. honey
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook to brown, then crumble. Add the apples, potato, anaheim pepper, and onion, season with salt and pepper and the thyme. Cook stirring frequently for 20 minutes. Deglaze the pan with the juice and stir to evaporate.
- Cook the eggs any style. Place 2 on each portion of hash. Serve with toast slathered with the honey butter mixture. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray