- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1/2 in. pieces
- 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo sauce finely chopped, plus 2Tbsp adobo sauce
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado diced
- tortilla chips crushed
- In a large saucepan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir in the onion and garlic, lower the heat to medium and cook until the onion begins to brown, about 7 minutes. Increase the heat to high, push the vegetables to the side of the pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in the chipotles and adobo sauce, then stir in the chicken broth. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, skimming any foam. Stir in the cilantro and lime juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Crush tortilla chips in bowls, top with soup and diced avocado. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Rachael Ray